Publish date: 29 November 2021
THIS COMMUNICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR MID MERSEY DIVISION STAFF WHO ALREADY HAVE BLS FACE TO FACE TRAINING PROVIDED AT HOLLINS PARK
ONLY for the attention of:
- Community Services Division
- Local Division
- Secure and Specialist Learning Disabilities Divisions
As of 1 January 2022, Basic Life Support (BLS) training will return to face to face classroom training.
The current online e-Learning packages (Adult BLS, Paediatric BLS and Anaphylaxis) will be removed and will no longer be used to accredit compliance for this course.
To book a BLS place:
- 350: Basic Life Support Course (previously known as CPR or BLS/AED)
Or via booking one of the PSS courses listed below.
- 350: PSS Local Division Breakaway training (including BLS)
- 350: PSS Local Division Team Skills (including BLS)
- 350: PPS Secure & Specialist Learning Disability Division Breakaway (including BLS)
- 350: PPS Secure & Specialist Learning Disability Team Work (1 day) (including BLS)
Please note, training will take place in various venues across the organisation so please ensure you check the venue when booking your place.
The 2hr Face to Face BLS course will cover the following:
- Adult Basic Life Support
- Adult choking
- Recovery position
- Use of Oxygen
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED) awareness
- Do Not Attempt Resuscitation
- Use of the Bag-Valve-Mask and emergency red bag (site specific only)
- Infant/Child BLS
- Infant/Child Choking
- Emergency numbers
Staff based within the Mid-Mersey Division MUST continue to book on to 329 BLS courses via ESR