The safeguarding team is responsible for ensuring all staff employed by Mersey Care have access to good quality training that is relevant to their role and clinical competencies. The safeguarding team achieve this through a combination of mandatory children and adult training at L1, 2 and 3, Children’s Specialist, and additional modular training available as CPD sessions.
The training brochure describes what mandatory training is required for each role. It also outlines the subject description and how to book a place.
In addition, certain roles are required to do additional training and the brochure describes the subject specific modular sessions that are on offer for the current year and how to book on them.
The modular sessions are also available for any staff member who requires them.
The subject areas offered from April 2023 are:
- Children’s Specialist
- Child Exploitation
- Adults Exploitation
- Making Safeguarding Personal
- Voice of the Child
- Self Neglect
- Domestic Abuse
- Parental Mental Health
- Professional Curiosity
- Lunch and learn session on emerging topics - bimonthly
The brochure with dates and how to book will be available on this site from late April 2023
Children’s Specialist course are available to book on via the Prospectus.
Power points used in mandatory and modular training courses will be available from April 2023.
- Warrington Safeguarding Partnerships - Safeguarding Training
- Multi-Agency Training - Knowsley Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Knowsley Safeguarding Adults Board and Safeguarding Responsibilities
- Training | Halton, children and young people safeguarding partnership
- Halton Safeguarding Adults Board Events | Eventbrite
- Liverpool Safeguarding Children Partnership (LSCP) - Professionals
- Professionals - Liverpool Safeguarding Board
- Sefton SCP Events
- Sefton Safeguarding Adults Partnership Board (SSAPB) - Professional Landing Page
If you are concerned, please contact the Trust Safeguarding hub for further advice and support 0151 351 8484 (office hours) or email Safeguardingduty