Our patients, service users, carers, families and the public are at the heart our ambition to deliver perfect care. By actively engaging and listening to people who use and care about our services, we can understand what matters most to them and will help improve our services and shape new developments.
The Patient and Public Engagement team has planned programme of engagement activities that reflect the population and the many and diverse communities we serve, especially people with lived experience and traditionally marginalised and excluded groups, influencing the direction and delivery of the Trust, and proactively addressing equality, inclusion and a sense of belonging.
The team will:
- Involve our patients, service users, carers and families in decision making and service developments so that our services are responsive to local needs
- Involve people with lived experience in our service delivery
- Work collaboratively across the health and care system alongside our partners to embed a culture of community and patient involvement
- Support public engagement and consultation for service changes
- Make use of existing networks to build on community strengths and avoid unnecessary duplication.