In response to the coronavirus pandemic and progression towards a more agile workforce, the Trust encourages all those who can work from home to continue to do so. Whilst this is beneficial to many, it is essential that data protection and security is maintained at all times.
Staff must continue to follow, where practically possible, the Trust's Information Governance Policy and IM&T Security Policy and associated standards and ensure that the Trust's IT equipment, network, systems and data remains safe and secure
Likewise, patient and staff confidentiality must also remain high priority and steps must be taken to ensure privacy is maintained at all times, no matter what location staff are working from.
Below are five key tips to ensuring Trust information remains confidential, safe and secure:
- Take calls in private or use headphones when others are around
- Lock devices when not in use
- Position screens so they cannot be viewed by others
- Store paperwork safely and out of sight
- Do not dispose of confidential waste at home
Working from Home: Data Protection Checklist Infographic - quick reference infographic which outlines the key areas for consideration by staff
Further detailed guidance
- Working from home: Data Protection Checklist - this document expands on the infographic, detailing key IG and security areas for consideration by staff.
- Working from Home: Information Governance Advisory Notice (IGAN) 22 - a guide to essential data protection and security whilst working from home.
Cyber Security - Protect the Trust and your home
Many of us are spending more time online both at work and home. Online criminals take advantage of this and are using an increasing number of ways to target organisations and individuals, from stealing login details by setting up fake websites, delivering ransomware using email to hacking smart devices. Learn how to keep the Trust and your home safe and secure by following Trust and national guidance.
Further guidance and useful links
Information Commissioners Office (ICO): Working from home
NHS Digital: Guidance on keeping safe and secure whilst working from home
NHSX: FAQs for staff in health and care organisations
NHSX: COVID-19 Information Governance advice for staff working in health and care organisations