What should you do if you are concerned about an adult or child?

Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, and it is important that you know the different abuse types and understand what your responsibility is to respond to safeguarding concerns. Please ensure that you have read the Safeguarding adult and/ or Safeguarding children Policy, and that your mandatory training is completed. 

If you are concerned for an adult or child and you want to talk this through with someone, please contact Trust Wide Safeguarding Duty Hub for case consultation, advice, and support. Safeguarding Practitioners are available Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm excluding Bank Holiday. The contact details are: 0151 351 8484 or safeguardingduty@merseycare.nhs.uk

Some adult service users/patients will not have care and support needs as set out in Care Act 2014, this does not mean that we do not need to do anything about the abuse or neglect they are at risk of or subjected to. Actions to take could include reporting a crime to the police, reporting to Action Fraud and support the individual to create a safety plan. 

Please follow the reporting procedure set up for your specific service, if you are unsure how to report either speak to your manager or contact the Safeguarding Duty Hub.


Integrated Contact and Referral Team (iCART):

Knowsley Multi Agency Referral Form (MARF) 

Liverpool Multi Agency Referral Form (MARF)

Sefton Multi Agency Referral Form (MARF)

St Helens Service Request Form

Telephone the MASH team through Contact Cares (01744) 676767 and ask for the duty social worker.


Warrington Multi Agency Referral Form (MARF) 

Children's Safeguarding/Social Work Team Monday to Friday  9am to 5pm on 01925 443322 press 1 and say MASH.

Outside of office hours ring us on 01925 444400.

Complete a MARS form online 

Click on the relevant risk assessment tool below: