Publish date: 4 March 2022
From 1 April 2022, all children aged 12 years and over will have routine blood tests taken in the community by Mersey Care, instead of Alder Hey Children’s Hospital. Below is the new process:
- For children and young people aged 12 years and over except those with complex needs or who are already under the care of Alder Hey, their bloods will be taken in a community setting, provided by Mersey Care.
- Any urgent blood tests for any age, will still need to be directed to Alder Hey.
- Booking will be available for these community clinics from Monday 21 March 2022
- The clinic locations and times for routine bloods are:
- South Liverpool Treatment Centre, 2pm-5pm each Tuesday
- Old Swan Walk-in Centre, 2pm-5pm each Wednesday
- Litherland Town Hall, 2pm-5pm each Thursday
- GP surgeries are required to book the appointments on behalf of the patient via the Simply Book System. Unlike adults, the clinics for children cannot be booked directedly by the patient at this time.
Order requests will go via ICE. GP practices have also been asked to print the form and give to the parent/guardian/child to bring to the clinic appointment.
Any existing phlebotomy appointments for children over the age of 12 years that have already been made with Alder Hey from 1 April onwards, do not need to be changed. Alder Hey will fulfil these appointments.
For further information, please contact Anne Lamkin via anne