Publish date: 9 May 2023
The Queen’s Nurse programme brings together community nurses to develop their professional skills and deliver outstanding patient care in the community. Find out more on The Queen's Nursing Institute's website.
To start the application process, you must request a Unique Reference Number (URN) by 11.59pm on Friday 12th May 2023.
General criteria to apply for the Queen’s Nurse title:
- Currently registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (please make sure your NMC record is up to date)
- Minimum of working five years in a community or primary care setting
- Currently working in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man with people in their own homes or other community-based settings including education
- Must have support from your direct line manager who has managed you for at least six months or senior colleague at the same seniority as the current line manager
- Must have support from your professional/clinical lead who has worked with you for at least six months
- Must not be under investigation by the NMC
- Must not be under investigation by your employing organisation
- Must not be the subject of any disciplinary proceedings.