Publish date: 14 June 2021
Hayley Bannister, the division's Allied Health Professionals lead, says:
"14-20 June is Nutrition and Hydration Week. The Dietetics department within the Division have set up stands across the sites to promote the benefits of good nutrition and hydration."
With the support of the Curve Café at Rowan View, Whalley Bistro, Ashworth Shop and Kiosk there will be samples of fruits, soups and smoothies using fresh fruit and vegetables available this week. Patients will engage with the dietitians and staff teams in discussions about the side effects of poor hydration intake and how to improve their fluid as part of their care plans.
How can staff help?
• Promote the 10 Key Characteristics for Good Nutritional Care
• Promote Protected Mealtimes / Mealtime Matter
• Consider Nutrition Advocates / Champions for your area
• Ensure the minimum Standards for Good Nutrition are in place in your area
• Share good nutrition and hydration practices
• Promote good nutrition and hydration for staff teams