To further grow and improve our wellbeing offer we want to create resources for staff to boost your social wellbeing. This aims to support connectedness, belonging, community social value and local support for Mersey Care Colleagues.
The best people placed to help shape our offer, is you, our staff, who both live and work in our communities. We want you to help build our social wellbeing offer which will be part of our staff wellbeing hub. Primarily, we are looking to start small with a view to grow bigger over the forthcoming months. We want our offer to be reflective of our whole geographical footprint, whether you are in Whalley, Warrington or Waterloo we want to hear about how our workforce can connect with the community.
Our initial ask is that you tell us of any of the following within your area:
- Local ‘independent’ businesses (not chain organisations) that offer local NHS discount for staff. If you have friends or acquaintances who run local businesses, why not have a conversation to see if they offer discounts to NHS staff (restaurants, independent high street stores, garden centres, play centres etc)
- Local community support and hobby groups, choirs, knitting clubs, amateur dramatics, book clubs, carers support, dementia café’s, walking groups, litter picking groups and whatever you think!
- Free events, charity fun days, tickets for good, local music events and gigs etc.
We have some pretty amazing ideas for this group in the future, but need to test the water first. If you can provide any information to support the above please send details to wellbeinghub
Concerts for Carers is a not-for-profit charity promoting the mental health and wellbeing of NHS and paid Care workers across the UK.
What do we do?
• We provide free tickets to live events across the UK
• We award grants that provide access to mental health services including the refurbishment of Staff Rooms.
It’s free to register and there’s no cost to you as an employer.
We aim to provide a much-needed break from the daily grind, a chance to unwind, and an opportunity to enjoy live events with friends and family.