The Senior People Professional Apprenticeship at Keele University is designed to enhance HR experience and knowledge, enabling participants to maximise the potential of their organisation’s people, create effective HR processes and build positive work cultures.
Duration: 2 to 3 years.
Qualification: MSc in Human Resource Management (Senior People Professional).
Application: We typically require applications 8 weeks before programme starts.
The Senior People Professional Apprenticeship allows participants to draw upon their existing human resources or management experience, providing a supportive environment to develop new skills and knowledge, applicable to their current role and organisation.
The programme is designed to strengthen apprentices people management expertise and enable them to become empowered to succeed within human resource management.
- The apprenticeship is suitable for individuals currently working in any organisation and sector, who wish to progress into a Senior People Professional position.
- It is aimed at individuals who are currently in a management role, seeking to develop their HR experience.
- The apprenticeship is also relevant to individuals looking to progress to a more strategic or management position in their organisation.
The Senior People Professional Apprenticeship focuses on the important areas of human resource management and explores contemporary theories and key debates. Apprentices will examine the management of labour in organisations, explore the skills and behaviours senior managers require, investigate the role of management in organisations, study the employee lifecycle and explore strategic human resource management and leadership.
Examples of indicative modules include.
- Foundations of Human Resource Management.
- Professional Skills and Practice in Human Resource Management.
- People, Work and Organisations.
- Employee Resourcing and Development.
- Employee Relations and Reward.
- Strategic Human Resource Management.
- Leading in a Complex World.
- Workshops in Human Resource Management.
The apprenticeship team in conjunction with the universities and apprenitcship providers we will be hosting information and insight session for each apprenticeship that is offer. The information and insight sessions are designed to give potential students a better understanding of the role, the apprenticeship course/programme and the roles and responsibilities of all parties when it comes to the apprenticeship
Keele University will be hosting a general insight and information session for the Senior Leader & Senior People Professional Apprenticeship
Thursday 09 November 2023 at 1:00pm
The Microsoft Teams session is designed to answer any questions you may have about our programmes in an informal online setting.
To register for this session via MS Teams please click HERE
To apply for the apprenticeship, your supporting manager will need to complete a Levy application form, which can be found HERE.
This form needs to be completed your line manager in conjunction with you the applying apprentice. Once completed all funding application will be reviewed by the Work Force Development Education and Training Group. Upon approval applicants will be moved to formal application with apprenticeship provider
To complete an apprenticeship, you must be employed in an organisation with your employer's support. We typically require apprentice applications 8 weeks before programme starts and by undertaking an apprenticeship, you commit to completing the End Point Assessment (EPA).
The Senior People Professional Apprenticeship typically requires.
- A 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent) or a degree-level professional qualification.
- Professional senior experience (assessed at interview) and applicants should be in a role that supports the gathering of evidence required for the Senior People Professional apprenticeship standard.
- GCSE Maths and English, Grade C (4) or equivalent.