- Applications must be submitted via the Allocate E-Leave system to the relevant Line Manager a minimum of six weeks before the event.
- At the same time you should submit complete the Trust Medical Staff Study Leave form and submit this electronically to your Supervisor for approval.
- Applications will not be approved retrospectively; approval from Director of Medical Education must be granted before attending.
- Applications will be considered from doctors who: (a) attach their compliance matrix to their application as evidence that they are up-to-date with Mandatory Training and (b) clearly demonstrate the link between business stream needs/job plan/appraisal/CPD/PDP objectives and the objectives of the course.
- Travel and subsistence claims must be reasonable and acceptable to the service.
- If you are to receive sponsorship for the event, full details must be completed in the relevant section.
- Ensure that all sections are completed with correct, relevant information - incomplete applications will be returned thus delaying approval
Guidance, Policies and Procedures
Medical Staff Study and Professional Leave Policy