Publish date: 27 August 2021
To support the management of data usage across the Trust and control the associated costs, a data cap (which is a limit on the amount of data that can be transferred to or from a single device) of 20GB per device per month has been applied to the following corporate devices:
- 4G-enabled laptops
- Mobile phones
- 4G-enabled iPads
What does this mean for you?
The data cap is effective from the first day of each month until the last day of that month and operates as follows:
If the 20GB limit isn’t reached:
- the data use returns to zero
- any unused data is rolled over to the following month
If the data usage reaches 19GB:
- the user receives a warning notification from Vodafone
If the data usage reaches 20GB:
- the device will lose 4G-connectivity
- the user should contact the IT Service Desk
- the IT Service Desk will temporarily increase the data cap
- the relevant Divisional Lead will be notified in order for them to advise accordingly.
If you have any issues or concerns, please contact the IT Service Desk.