The primary aim and objective of appraisal and medical revalidation is to support the development of individual doctors to achieve the standards set out by the General Medical Council (GMC).
Revalidation of licensed doctors will be required every 5 years and is based on comprehensive appraisals being undertaken over that 5 year period. Therefore all doctors must participate in an annual appraisal.
Mersey Care, Mid Mersey Appraisals 2021
- Each doctor has been allocated an Appraiser (email circulated 13/07/21) If you are unsure please contact MWED2
- Doctors should check who their Appraiser is and if they feel there is a conflict of interest. They may submit an appeal by completing the attached form and send to the Medical Workforce and Education Department email@example.com who will forward to myself to review. Likewise, if an Appraiser or another doctor feels there is a conflict of interest between the allocated Appraisee and Appraiser, they should complete and submit the form.
- Doctors should contact the allocated Appraiser and agree a date for their appraisal meeting as soon as possible. The date must be at least 9 months since your last appraisal and no later than 15 months or the Trust deadline of 28/2/22, whichever is the earliest. The date of last year’s appraisal and dates for 9 and 15 months are on the summary spreadsheet.
- Advise the Medical Workforce and Education Department, mwed2
@merseycare.nhs.ukof the date of the appraisal meeting so they can input to the Allocate appraisal system.
- Ensure that your appraisal inputs are completed two weeks before the appraisal meeting.
- Ensure that the appraisals are signed off within 14 days after you have had the appraisal meeting.
- Ensure your scope of work is fully explained in the appraisal meeting and Declaration of Interests in relation to gifts, hospitality, outside employment etc is made on the Trust website. https://merseycare.mydeclarations.co.uk/home?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
- Complete the Supervisor Appraisal Reflective Practice form, forward to your Appraiser to complete the last section and then upload it to the ‘Clinical/Educational Supervisor Development’ page of your appraisal.
An appraisal is:
An opportunity for doctors to reflect on their professional practice and development needs.
An opportunity to align individual development with service organisational development.
"Strengthened” appraisal with quality assurance is the cornerstone of medical revalidation
You have been set up with an appraisal and 360 Folder on Allocate. Please follow this link and then click on the 'Consultant' portal to access - www.healthmedics.allocatehealthsuite.com/core/
If you don't have any log in details for Allocate then please email Medical Education and Workforce Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01925 664483.
- Reflective Practice - Clinical/Educational Supervisor
- Reflective Practice - Case Based Discussion
- Reflective Practice - Clinical Audit
- Reflective Practice - Complaints
- Reflective Practice - Educational Meeting
- Reflective Practice - Own Health and Wellbeing
- Reflective Practice - Significant Events
- Physical Health Competency Declaration