The lead for this workstream is Carolanne Murphy.
- Ensure equity in access to treatment in all CYPMHS
- Review and evaluate the risk escalation pathway – considering iThrive and ensure crisis/urgent care pathways include inpatient settings (t4/acute).
- Develop and roll out the Key worker pathway to support CPA framework and patient flow ensuring that where required CYP have an allocated CC that remains with them as main point of contact in all settings.
- Review the current SOPs – CYPMHS referral and discharge policy
- Ensure all clinical pathways (treatment) is aligned to NICE guidance
- Develop a digital SPOA – online platform for resources and referrals (including direct) – thrive offer including all services
- Work with partners to develop a robust t4/admission pathway (C&M) and embed in services e.g., gateway meetings
- Re-establish links with FCAMHS review pathway and commissioning arrangements
- Review and align the 16+ access / offer across MCFT
- Review Transforming Care framework and ensure standardisation across services/boroughs – ensuring reasonable adjustments for CYP with ND/LD are identified and managed in all settings
- Review current C&M LA escalation pathway
- Transformational plan to increase CYPMHS to 0-25 by 23/24.
There will be an overall review of all pathways within CYPMHS. The group has identified key actions to develop a strategy and achieve equity, standardisation and synergy across services and to realise benefits of learning across the trust.
- Pathways completed and approved via governance process:
Key Worker, Psychiatry, Psychological Therapies, CRT Assessment, CRT Brief Intervention, CRT HTT Pathways, CYPMHS Pathway, Duty Pathway, Tier 4/admission Pathway, DNA/WNB Pathway, 136 Pathway, MHST pathway, and Risk Escalation Pathway.
New pathways now implemented within CYP services.
CYPMHS SOP update in progress, to include new pathways.
- Pathways complete and signed off
- Key Worker
- Psychological therapies
2. CRT pathways drafted and awaiting final comments from team manager – Assessment, Brief Intervention, Home Treatment Pathways
3. DNA/WNB pathway have been reviewed and updated – awaiting comments prior to sign off
4. Tier 4/Admission pathway has been drafted and is awaiting final comments prior to sign off
5. Replacement BIBS/BABS pathway drafted.
- Key worker pathway has been reviewed and final comments before submission for sign-off.
- Duty process and pathway drafted (including asylum seeker pathway), review and final comments prior to submission for sign-off.
- CYPMHS Psychological Therapy Pathway reviewed with psychology leads for final comments. The psychology sub-group meeting on 15 March was a well attended and a productive session – to be amended ahead of next workstream meeting 29 March.
- S136 CYPMHS process and pathway reviewed and final comments before submission for sign-off.
- CYPMHS Psychiatry Pathway reived final comments before submission for sign-off.
- The pathways are to be signed off by Governance and within Ops. Once pathways are approved SOPS and policies will be updated.
- Project plan continues to be shared with deliverables/key outcomes. This is in line with the main project plan and the other workstreams.
- We continue to identify key actions which will be fedback outside of the main meetings. The updates will be in the Pathways action plan
- CAMHS Collaborative continue to support indirectly.
- Key partners/stakeholders have been identified and attended (Warrington Safeguarding, St Helens and Knowsley)
- In July the work was prioritised from the deliverables in a SMART way. The CAMHS SOP is being reviewed to reflect the changes in the pathways
- There are sub groups now from within the pathways – to lead on their actions: Psychological therapies, psychiatry, are two of these
- Workstreams leads/reps identified and workstreams have met for their initial meeting and further meetings will be fortnightly.
1. Key partners and stakeholders have been identified and attended (Warrington Safeguarding, St Helens and Knowsley)
2. During July the work was prioritised from the deliverables in a SMART way. The CAMHS SOP is being reviewed to reflect the changes in the pathways
3. There are sub groups now from within the pathways – to lead on their actions : Psychological therapies, psychiatry, are two of these
4. Workstreams leads and representatives have been identified and workstreams have met for their initial mtg in June, further planned fortnightly.