Mersey Care’s Medicines Management Community Service is commissioned by Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (LCCG) to provide support to Liverpool GP practices to improve the health of the population, by optimising the use of medicines through:
- Promoting the safe, evidence based and cost-effective use of medicines through medication reviews
- Providing up to date, unbiased information about medicines, treatments and care pathways
- Supporting practitioners and patients to make best use of medicines through medication reviews
- Minimising the harm caused by medicines
- Developing local guidelines and care pathways to optimise the management of conditions
- Collaborating with local hospital trusts and other healthcare providers to support these aims
The team consists of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians using their experience and knowledge of medicines to ensure that patients within Liverpool get the medicines they need to effectively manage their condition.
Care Home Pharmacy Team
The team consists of pharmacist and pharmacy technicians working together with GPs, care home staff, other health professionals and community pharmacies to resolve any medicines related issues.The team ensure that people who live in care homes get a medication review the same as other people who can visit their GP surgery.
Medicines Distribution Service
The team consists of pharmacy technicians and pharmacy assistants who provide the supply of medication to community services e.g. Walk in Centre, Sexual Health Clinics.They also provide support to the vaccination and immunisation team who undertake the national immunisation program within Liverpool schools.
The Medicines Management Team is available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. You can be referred for a medication review by your GP or community health professional e.g. district nurse, dietician.
Pharmacy Opening Times During Summer Bank Holiday - 28th August 2023
Some local pharmacies may have different opening hours during the upcoming bank holiday.
For a list of Community Pharmacies that are planning to be open during some hours on Monday 28th August please follow link to NHSE Cheshire and Merseyside web page
Community Pharmacies Holding Palliative Medication
Cheshire and Merseyside Liverpool, Sefton and Knowsley ICB Places have individually commissioned some community pharmacies to hold a small supply of palliative medicines. Details of these community pharmacies and what medication they hold can be found below