Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship
Manchester Metropolitan University are now recruiting to the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeships.
The University will be hosting a Webinair on 25 April 2023 from 12:30pm to 1:30pm.
During this webinar, you’ll get an overview of the University's innovative and accelerated (two year) Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care (with embedded NHS Leadership Academy Mary Seacole) and details of our next Manchester based programme starting in September 2023.
This unique, accelerated apprenticeship focuses on key principles of managing in a health or care setting, and is suitable for people in clinical and non-clinical management roles - working in NHS Trusts, Primary Care, Private Health and Care Settings, Charities, Hospices' or within Local Authorities.
The session will cover key information, the expectations for apprentices and employers and how to can make an application. For those unfamiliar with apprenticeship funding, we will also explain how the apprenticeship levy can be used to fully fund the cost of this programme.
Below are a few headlines for the programme, as well as a link to the latest brochure.
- Two year Accelerated Management programme for people with existing management or healthcare delivery experience
- Block delivery, approximately 16 days per year based in Manchester and several half days online
- Upon completion, apprentices will achieve:
- BA (Hons) Business Management Professional (Executive)
- The NHS Leadership Academy Mary Seacole Award
- The Chartered Manager Apprenticeship
- Chartered Manager Status and can use the post-nominal letters CMgr
Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship Fast-Track Executive
- Two and a half year accelerated version of Chartered Manager, covering only Level 5 and 6
- Generic curriculum suitable for managers in any settings, who have demonstrable management experience at a suitable level
- Next cohorts October 2023
- Block delivery, approximately 12 days per year
- Supported by 12 three hour webinars, typically delivered 10am-1pm
- Will achieve Chartered Manager Status at the end of the programme
- Achieve a BA (Hons) Business Management Professional (Full honours degree)
- Download the brochure
Route 1: Direct Qualifications: A first degree (not in a management discipline)
Experience: 2+ years managerial experience Route 2: Direct with personal statement that demonstrates writing ability
Qualifications: Level 5 qualifications such as DipHE, ILM or CMI L5 in Leadership and Management, HND and Mary Seacole Award Experience: 2+ years managerial experience.
Route 3: With 500-word entry assessment and well-written personal statement Qualifications: Level 4 qualifications such as HNC, Cert HE, ILM/CMI Award, Leadership and Management Level 4 and Edward Jenner Award Experience: 2+ years managerial experience.
Route 4: With 500-word entry assessment and well-written personal statement Qualifications: Applicants with qualifications that do not meet the above criteria Experience: 5+ years managerial experience
Level 2 English and Maths requirements: Applicants must be able to evidence Level 2 English and Maths, prior to starting the course. This could be Functional Skills Level 2 or GCSEs grades 9 - 4/A* - C
Once you have completed the Levy Application form and submit this to the Apprenticeship team. This will then be sent to Work force Development, training and Education Group for funding approval. Once approval has been given you details will be submitted to the university.
With this employer confirmation the university will issue an application pack to interested applicants which includes the necessary forms and guidance. The application form enables the university to build up a picture of the candidate, their experience and the knowledge and skill areas they are looking to develop. MMU recommend that a CV is included, with a complete work history, as part of the application and that the personal statement is used to highlight management strengths and work achievements.
Levy applications to be submitted by 3 May 2023
University Application deadline 26 May 2023
To complete the Levy funding application form to secure funding click HERE.
*Please not this form needs to be completed by both you and your line manager*
Completed Levy applications forms must be submitted to apprenticeships