This new Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) course developed by Occupational Health and Wellbeing Services is designed to help you gain a better understanding of your worries and anxiety and focuses on bringing them within a healthy range. The course is a psychoeducational CBT group and is facilitated by a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and counsellor.
You will learn how to distinguish between healthy and unhealthy worry and how to identify steps to break the cycle of worry and effectively manage your concerns. This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to overcome your anxieties and create a balanced and fulfilling lifestyle. This will involve completing tasks between sessions each week to help you in putting the course's strategies into practise.
Aims of the group:
- An understanding into helpful and unhelpful worry and anxiety
- To identify what are current worries, and separate these from hypothetical situations
- How to manage your anxiety provoking thoughts
- Help to face anxiety provoking situations
- How to prevent setbacks and progress forward
- Feel more confident in yourself and manage/adapt your thoughts and behaviour around anxiety
- To feel more confident managing our mood and behaviour with better coping mechanisms.
If you believe you would benefit from attending this group, the commencement dates and additional information are listed below.
The course runs each Monday from the start date below for 5 consecutive weeks. A telephone follow-up is available (if required), the week after the group has finished.
All sessions run from 1pm – 2.30pm and are delivered on Teams.
You will require access to emails and a device enabling you to join each of the sessions.
This is not a support group; rather, it is a psychoeducational group designed to provide you with greater understanding of your worries and provide alternative ways of coping to improve your overall wellbeing. You will be encouraged to share/participate, but there is no pressure to do so.
You can express your interest in joining the group by following the registration information below.
There are no further dates in place for this course at this time. The new schedule will be displayed on this page as soon as new dates are confirmed.
Page last updated 1 November 2023.