The trust's medicines management and pharmacy services proactively support staff, service users, families and carers in achieving safe, effective, high quality medicines management and medicines optimisation.
We do this by:
- Doing all that is reasonably possible to limit any safety risks related to the use of medicines
- Ensure anyone providing care or treatment to service users which involves medicines have the qualifications, competence, skills and experience to do so safely
- Make sure, where equipment or medicines are supplied by the Trust, there are sufficient quantities to ensure the safety of service users and to meet their needs
- Ensure medicines are procured, transported, received, stored, administered and disposed of safely and securely in the Trust
- Provide accurate and independent information and education about medicines to other healthcare professionals, service users and carers
- Providing clinical and dispensing activities to facilitate the management of medicines within inpatient and community teams
- Support to ensure that medicines management resources are available and effective within Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
We have a Medicines Management service with specialist pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy assistants providing localised support to wards and other clinical areas including externally to GP practices and Care Homes in Liverpool.
If you cannot locate the information you are searching for, search the relevant divisional page.