About Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust
On these pages we’ll be sharing information from Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust (WCHC) so that you can find out more about the organisation you are joining.
Below you can watch a 15 minute video from WCHC to say hello and welcome...
These are also available below as seperate videos to meet the executive team and the delivery team.
Welcome to WCHC
Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust provides high quality primary, community and public health services to the population of Wirral and its surrounding areas. The Trust has a reputation for innovation, performance and delivery and strong support from our commissioners. We have well established and effective partnerships that extend to key local providers of acute, mental health and social care services.
Find out about the Trust, including the values that the organisation lives by, ambitions for the future and our role in the Healthy Wirral Partnership to make local health and care services better and sustainable.
Adult Social Care
Bladder and Bowel
Community Eye Clinic
Deep Vein Thrombosis
End of Life Care Team
GP Out of Hours
Minor Injuries Unit
Nutrition & Dietetics
Parkinson’s Disease Nurse Service
Rehabilitation at Home
Sexual Health Wirral
Specialist Palliative Care
Speech & Language Therapy
0-19 / 0-19+ Health and Wellbeing Services
Structured around the national Healthy Child Programme our innovative services provide inclusive support for children, young people and their families. Support begins during pregnancy and continues until the child reaches the age of 19 or up to 25 if the young person has Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
- Health Visiting
- Infant Feeding - Cherubs, Cheshire East and Koala Northwest, Wirral
- School Nursing
- Family Nurse Partnership (FNP)
- Immunisation and screening
- Fit Club - Wirral only
- Teen Team - Wirral only
Our teams provide:
- support from our Health Visiting and Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) teams to deliver the Healthy Child Programme
- regular health reviews at key points during a child’s development
- infant feeding support
- dedicated support for fathers
- support to manage minor illnesses and prevent accidents
- school aged immunisations and screening including the National Childhood Measurement Programme (NCMP)
- school nursing
- health and wellbeing support for primary and secondary schools
- drop-in support clinics both in school and in the community
- weight management support for children, young people and their families
- targeted support for young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- perinatal mental health support including Video Interactive Guidance (VIG)
- pre-diagnostic support for children on the ADHD and ASD Pathway, including QB testing (Wirral only)
- support for young carers
- online self-help resources
- translator support
Dedicated children and young people’s website
The children and young people’s website is tailored to parents, carers and young people providing a wealth of local and tailored support, information, advice and resources.
With the click of a button, parents, carers and young people can access a range of local and tailored support, information and advice, including videos, resources - ranging from baby packs to fussy eating to puberty support and vaccination schedules, as well accessing local online support groups. To search for a service, people can either use the simple A-Z service directory or the search function. Young people can complete an online feedback form about their experiences about the services they’ve received.
Find out more about Wirral Community Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust at: www.wchc.nhs.uk